18. What is the SANS Institute and do you provide information security policies and procedures that align with the SANS initiatives?
Originally started as a research and educational organization, SANS now focuses heavily on information security training and certification, elevating themselves to being one of the most trusted sources for almost anything relating to information security. Additionally, SANS also provide a large number of research documents - at no charge - relating to the field of information security. Some of the more notable products and services offered by SANS are the following:
- Certification: SANS provides Global Information Assurance Certifications. Learn more at http://www.giac.org/
- Security Awareness Training: High quality general security awareness training for all types of organizations. Learn more at http://www.securingthehuman.org/
- Internet Storm Center: According to SANS, the Internet Storm Center is "a cyber-threat and internet security monitoring and alert system that summarizes and analyzes threats pertaining to network security, Internet security, and other related security areas. Learn more at http://isc.sans.edu/
- Penetration Testing: As part of their comprehensive training and courses, SANS offers numerous classes on penetration testing. Learn more at http://pen-testing.sans.org/
- Cyber Defense Initiatives: SANS provides in-depth classroom training on various aspects of cyber security. Learn more at http://cyber-defense.sans.org/
- This is just a notable sample of their core product and service offering, so please visit http://www.sans.org to learn more.
Information Security Policies and Procedures are a Must Have for Security and Compliance
But what's fundamentally important to note is if you're heavily involved with SANS - such as taking classes, earning certification, conducting research initiatives, or other important activities - then you undoubtedly know the importance of documented information security policies and procedures when it comes to security. Every organization, regardless of industry sector or business - should have a comprehensive set of enterprise-wide security documents in place, and Flat Iron Technologies, LLC is the solution.
Learn more about our signature product, the Global Information Security Compliance Packet (GISCP), the world's most complete security policy packet containing over 2,850 + pages of in-depth information security policies, procedures, forms, checklists, templates, provisioning and hardening documents, and much more.
Learn more today about the GISCP by viewing sample policies, forms, hardening documents, and more.
As a global leader in providing industry leading information security policies and procedures, the Flat Iron Technologies, LLC Global Information Security Compliance Packet (GISCP) set of documents contains literally hundreds of high-quality and in-depth templates for every major area within information security.