NIST SP 800-37, “Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems” is a comprehensive document discussing various elements of risk and the importance of undertaking comprehensive risk management practices - specifically relating to information systems - for ultimately helping ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of one’s entire operational and I.T. landscape. In today’s ever-growing cybersecurity threats, understanding, assessing, and mitigating risk is not an option - it’s a requirement - one that’s mandated in numerous regulatory compliance mandates.
Learn more about our signature product, the Global Information Security Compliance Packet (GISCP), the world's most complete security policy packet containing over 2,850 + pages of in-depth information security policies, procedures, forms, checklists, templates, provisioning and hardening documents, and much more.
Learn more today about the GISCP by viewing sample policies, forms, hardening documents, and more.
As for NIST SP 800-37, the Risk Management Framework (RMF) put forth in this publication contains the following characteristics:
- Promoting the concept of near “real time” risk management, via comprehensive “continuous monitoring” practices.
- Encouraging the use of automation for helping undertake and make strategic decisions as necessary.
- Integrating information security into an organization’s overall enterprise-wide architecture and framework.
- Providing necessary emphasis on the selection, implementation, assessment, and overall monitoring of information security controls.
- Effectively linking risk management at the information systems level to that risks as the organizational level.
- Establishing responsibility and accountability relating to information systems security controls.
Security Policies | Important for NIST | Download Now
A large component of putting in place an effective risk management program - or any type of comprehensive operational or information security platform - requires having a high-quality, professionally developed set of industry leading policies, procedures, and other supporting documentation. You’ll get that and much more from Flat Iron Technologies, LLC, a worldwide leader in offering the Global Information Security Compliance Packet (GISCP) containing hundreds of documented operational, business specific, and information security policies, procedures, forms, checklists, templates, provisioning and hardening documents, and much more. Also included within the GISCP set of documents is a very well-written risk assessment program and template - one that utilizes various provisions from NIST.